- Science on a Sphere® (SOS) interactive presentation: Science on a Sphere is a three-dimensional globe floating in space which takes students on a visual journey around planet Earth and beyond, highlighting important scientific issues on a global scale.
- Hands-on activities in our classroom based on your chosen program or “theme” that reinforces concepts learned with the Sphere.
- A tour of our living exhibits and touch tanks, including our Shark and Ray Touch Tank.
Field Trip Programs are available for students in Preschool, Elementary, Middle, High School and College. Each field trip program lasts two hours (you can book a longer field trip for an added cost) and can accommodate approximately 80 students. We are happy to work with larger groups; please email or call for details.
If you have further questions, you can visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here.
To book a field trip, click on THIS link.
If you would like to know more about Student Field Trips, Science on a Sphere®, or would like to book a field trip, please contact the Education Department at (508) 994-5400 or email@example.com.
Field Trip Program connections to MA DESE Standards
All field trips to the Ocean Explorium integrate the Massachusetts State Frameworks. See below for details.
- Massachusetts State Frameworks, grades PreK – 2 >> (PDF File)
- Massachusetts State Frameworks, grades 3-5 >> (PDF File)
- Massachusetts State Frameworks, grades 6-8 >> (PDF File)
- Massachusetts State Frameworks, grades 9-12 >> (PDF File)